I. Reading skills
1. Can read and understand a short introduction about name, age, nationality, occupations, family, hobbies and shopping; simple stories about daily routines; paragraphs describing things, places and people and simple instructions.
2. Can recognize and guess simple phrases in familiar contexts.
3. Can read personal names, public signs, instructions, advertising and brief weather forecasts.
1. Can understand the main ideas of clear articles about common themes of work, travel, transportation, services, health, education, social relationships etc.
2. Can understand clear information, brochures and simple mail.
3. Can read comics and simple fables.
II. Listening skills
1. Can hear and understand simple conversations on topics related to personality, family, or specific issues which are essential to the student’s environment with the use of simple structures spoken slowly and with clarity.
2. Can understand instructions, guidances and short orders, in simple situations and specific communication contexts.
3. Can understand the main ideas of short stories or brief information on familiar topics: the self and family, at a slow speech.
1. Can hear and understand words and regular expressions relating to familiar areas such as basic information about the individual such as; family, shopping and occupation.
2. Can understand principal information in voice messages as well as simple and clear notifications.
3. Can understand and extract principal and important information from short text recordings related to familiar and everyday problems using slow and clear speech.
4. Can understand simple conversations in regular social situations or rituals.
5. Can understand instructions, guidelines, orders and requirements in daily contexts of
6. Can understand the main content of short recordings with slow and clear speed about everyday issues.
III. Speaking skills
1. Can pronounce fairly familiar words.
2. Can have basic social communication using basic polite structures with daily communication on topics such as greetings, introductions, pleasantries and apologies.
3. Can ask and answer questions about familiar or predictable questions about personal information (personal, family, career, hobbies, living place etc.)
4. Can use simple expressions and sentences to describe houses, workplaces and the people living around them.
1. Can pronounce correctly; words, expressions, sentences with suitable intonation during communication.
2. Can communicate in simple and short conversations on a daily basis, can describe necessities in life.
3. Can ask questions to obtain the necessary information from a dialogue.
4. Can make a short and easy phone call.
5. Can use words, expressions and short sentences to describe a simple story related familiar activities familiar in everyday life.
IV. Writing skills
1. Can write phrases, simple sentences, short paragraphs about the self, family and hobbies.
2. Can fill personal information into tables with simple contents such as student cards, registration and hotel reservations.
3. Can record time, addresses, names, numbers, prices, colors, orientations and locations.
4. Can write brief and simple postcards.
1. Can write notes and notices and simple personal letters when necessary.
2. Can describe and narrate events, stories and future plans about the self, family or very familiar themes.
3. Can write some simple administrative papers with simple contents.